The Locksmith REST API
Locksmith's API versions correspond directly with Shopify's API versions, and are supported in the same way. (Read more about Shopify's API versioning.)
To retrieve a list of current Shopify API versions – and therefore a list of Locksmith API versions – see https://app.shopify.com/services/apis.json.
Accessing Locksmith's API requires two headers:
x-shopify-shop-domain– must be of the format "example.myshopify.com"
x-locksmith-access-token– must be an enabled access token, generated in your Locksmith settings
Using cURL, one might access the API this way:
curl \ --header "x-shopify-shop-domain: example.myshopify.com" \ --header "x-locksmith-access-token: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" \ https://uselocksmith.com/api/unstable/shop.json
- GET https://uselocksmith.com/api/:version/shop.json
This endpoint returns Locksmith's entire configuration for your store.
- GET https://uselocksmith.com/api/:version/locks.json
This endpoint returns an array of all locks in your Locksmith account.
- GET https://uselocksmith.com/api/:version/locks/:id.json
This endpoint returns data for a single lock in your Locksmith account.
- POST https://uselocksmith.com/api/:version/install
This endpoint requests a full Locksmith installation, in the currently published theme
- Do not rely upon data keys that are prefixed with an underscore (e.g. "_foobar"). They are subject to change or removal at any time.
Generating an access token
To access this API, generate an access token. You can find these toward the end of your settings area:
Use the "Add access token" link to add your first token.
Once created, an access token may be edited to enable/disable it, or to change its name. It may also be deleted.